Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bridge Jumping

Study this picture. It is an image of the Vincent Thomas Bridge that runs between San Pedro and Terminal Island, California, my hometown.

250px-vincent_thomas_bridge
This is the most amazing bridge in the world. It moves...right before your eyes. In any given evening you will be able to watch your TV and see the bridge be relocated from Los Angeles Harbor to San Francisco to Baltimore and finally end up in the background of New York Harbor.

Isn't that AMAZING????

I think the only place they haven't tried to swap off a on-site switch-a-roo is to make the bridge appear in the background in Topkea, Kansas.

Another place that gets moved around a lot is the wall at the Point Ferman Park, San Pedro.

pf

This wall also gets "moved" a lot to. One show it's in San Diego and the next it will show up in Seattle.

I laugh and point it out and in the beginning Kari thought I was crazy. Then I took her down to San Pedro and showed her these icons of my youth....She is now a believer.

1 comment:

  1. Is that the bridge I was scared of when I was a kid? Seems almost sureal now.

    ReplyDelete