Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My "Son" Tim

Oh where have I failed. :-(  First, Tim told me that he had registered as a Democrat, I cried and sobbed for three hours.

Then when he told me he wanted to go to an "Eastern" school for an MBA instead of a Masters of Science Degree from UCLA, I curled into the fetal position and rejected the outside world for two days.

One day he called me to inform me that he had "early voted" for Baraak Obama. I took to my bed and hid under the covers. Poor sweet Kari had to cox me out, after several days, with a freshly cooked enchilada and the promise that she would intercept all phone calls from son Tim for the next two weeks. I sat on the edge of the bed, eating my first "meal" in several days and every time the phone rang I relapsed and Kari had to help me back to the edge of the bed.

The final nail, pounded deep into my coffin, has been Tim's announcement that he owns more pairs of shoes than both my darling wife Kari and Imelda Marcos. If Tim ever decides to move, his shoes will fill an extra large U-Haul with storage space over the cab.

I have decided that Tim is really a Demo-Metro.

7 comments:

  1. This libelous attack is not only unwarranted but also, quite frankly, a bit disheartening. YOU DON'T KNOW ME, BOB BOISVERT! YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!

    Why would you want to own so few shoes? The modern man needs a number of means for expressing his personality. What option do we have besides shoes and neckties? (Don't buy me any neckties for Christmas, btw... I'm as picky about my neckties as I am about my shoes.)

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, you could always wear a giant watch that hangs down your chest like Flavor Flav!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, or a pocket square!

    Nate has taken to wearing a tailcoat with a t-shirt and jeans. He bought it for a Halloween costume, but it looks so good on him, he wears it often. That's a pretty unique way of expressing his personality ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob B2:57 AM

    Coxing is defined as, "To act as a coxswain "

    If you don't know what a coxswain is... get the heck out of the Army and join a REAL military with ship made of steel and you get to talk "Navy Talk." (BTW... Every time I use Navy Talk, Kari hits me with a stick)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure, here I am making a joke about an allegedly misspelled "coax", and I get an earful of crazy Navy talk! Damn submariners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god....oh God....OH GOD Oh Sweet Jesus.....who's your daddy!!!! Oh BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH OH BABY OH BABY OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! GRUNT GRUNT GRUNT




    Was it as good for you as it was for me ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boys ... they're so silly.

    ReplyDelete