Saturday, April 11, 2009

Surgery

Last Tuesday I underwent a Roux-en-Y stomach bypass procedure. As a result I will lose about 100 pounds. At my height I was at 280 pounds and gaining about 6 to 8 pounds a year. I started investigating it a year ago and made my mind up to have it done 2 months ago.

I am 3 days out of the hospital and doing good. I'm afraid I an tired of the same menu...protein drink, sugar-free non-Jello jello and water. I can now swallow and tolerate 4 sips of the protein water...wait 10 minutes then half a container of jello and wait 10 minutes and wait then 4 sips of the water ....

I have no bathroom scale but I imagine I will lose 15 pounds by next Thursday. The doctor says I will most likely be at 200 pounds (75 pounds) in 6 months and at my goal of 170 pounds by next Easter.

Through this blog I will keep you posted of my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear about your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete