Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Upcoming Trip To Utah

I'm planning a business trip to Hill AFB in mid-February and in preperation I asked my contact if I could catch a ride back to the hotel after the meetings end. This would free up the truck so Kari doesn't have to be hotel-captured while I am in my meetings.

 

My sponcer replied: 

"You betcha! We were thinking of trying to do something FUN while you are here. Are you game?"

To which I e-mailed back:

Well, let's see. What kind of "fun" were you guys thinking of????? If it involves a bunch of us going out to dinner or other good clean mature LDS activities, I'm all for it (as long as Kari can come to :-> ) But if the "fun" involves a Cultural Hall, lime Jell-O with carrot slivers and raisins, a cake walk at the Blue and Gold Dinner or a General Priesthood meeting I would ask that we expand our horizons in the geometric plane of what you Utah Mormons call "fun." If it involves seeing how many people we can stuff in the back seat of an F-15 during high-speed rolls.... I'm out of that too since I vowed after I got off submarines to always keep my feet between my head and the Earth. Oh, and I'd really rather not do something would endanger my clearance. My days of eating Alice B. Toklas brownies and watching M.A.S.H. are long gone. (I still watch M.A.S.H. but just can't understand why it was so much funnier while eating "Special Brownies.")

I'm sure that one evening, while we are up there, will be taken up by our visiting Kari's friends who she nanny'ed for back in the 1970's. They are EXTREMELY nice people but I just get so unsettled when Sis J. says things like, "Elder Holland said the funniest thing the other evening.... We had just picked up Elder Oaks and they were in the back seat of Bro. J's BMW when Elder Holland said, "......" When Kari and I got into our truck after that conversation I told her, ....."Oh, come-on... The Brethren don't just ride around in back seats of cars cracking jokes." ;-) ) Bro. & Sis. J just got back from being Mission President of the Leeds/Manchester Mission and we haven't seen them in 3 1/2 years. Kari stayed super close to them after she nanny'ed for them and "wouldn't agree to marry me until I got their blessing." HA HA. I tease Kari that the only reason they let me marry her is so they would have someone to fix their PC and answer other geeky questions for them.

Other than that my dance card is pretty clear.

What do you have in mind?

 

I'll keep  you boisvertblog readers posted about the upcoming fun.

1 comment:

  1. Tell them to take you to Cafe Rio for the Fajita-Grilled Steak Burrito enchilada-style with pinto beans and the "hot" sauce. It's not that hot.

    ReplyDelete